27th SGIFF: SG Originals | Exploring VR360 in Short Films
EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
27 NOV 2016, SUN / 5.30PM / 120MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
Virtual reality or VR has always been an area of much interest in the entertainment world, in order to create a more immersive experience for audiences, through film, video games and photography. Now, with even more creative minds putting out original content, it is no surprise that the technology is much more readily available for filmmakers and other content creators to explore a whole new horizon, expanding worlds and situations created for television and film. In this talk, we explore the technological trend that is fast gaining traction in Singapore. An introductory session for anyone looking to expand their creativity in filmmaking, the workshop will take audiences’ interaction to another level, bringing them closer to the heart of their stories.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Lionel Chok started his career in 1995 and has been actively involved creating digital content for television, cinema, the web, mobile and even theatre. In 2014, Chok discovered Augmented and Virtual Reality and decided to specialise in the medium by pursuing a postgraduate Masters in Creative Technology at Middlesex University in London. He has currently launched his very own startup specialising in 360 VR and also VR for Education.
Pok Yue Weng was among the first batch of students to graduate from Singapore’s Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Film, Sound and Video course. SuperDONG, his debut animated short film, was invited to screen at the prestigious 2007 Cannes Film Festival Director's Fortnight, as well as over 30 international film festivals. Pok was also invited to pitch his animated feature film, Tattoo War, at the IT PROJECT at Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival. The project, currently under development, was awarded the Post Production Prize for most promising project.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 27 Nov 2016, 9am. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978 Singapore